GS- 9/11 Social Worker – VA Greater Los Angeles Health System (3/14)
The VA Greater Los Angeles Health System Social Work Service is recruiting for one (1) GS-9/11 Social Worker to work in the Emergency Department at the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center.
- Responsible to provide a variety of services for Veterans referred from the Emergency Department including, detox referrals, discharge planning, psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, short-term, solution focused counseling with individuals and families who may be in crisis, education and referral for resources and benefits, case management and post-intervention follow-up.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams in the provision of comprehensive health care services to Veterans and ensures equity of access, service, and benefits to this patients in the Emergency Department.
- Works collaboratively with Community Engagement and Re-integration Service (CERS) to help Homeless Veterans find transitional/permanent housing. Assists Homeless Veterans in connecting to resources and providing referrals. Provide support for Homeless Veterans as they seek permanent housing. Case manages ED high utilizers and works to connect these Veterans to services and appropriate Outreach programs. Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with community partners, Mental Health agencies/programs, shelters, VAPD/LAPD, providers and resource agencies for Homeless Services.
- Assesses and treats the complicated psychosocial problems of Veterans, families and significant other.
Candidates must meet the qualification standards for either the GS-9 or GS-11 Social Worker (see attached).
To be eligible, the GS-9 Social Worker:
- Have a master’s degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
To be eligible, the GS-11 Social Worker:
- Must possess a social work licensure in a state at the independent practice level, and
- Completion of a minimum of 1 year of post-MSW degree experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the field of health care social work or other social work-related settings.
Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00AM-7:30PM (4/10 schedule, tour of duty negotiable based on patient need) No telework available.
- Knowledge, experience and expertise working with Homeless Veterans experiencing complex biopsychosocial issues
- Knowledge of VA and community agencies/resources
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate care for multiple Veterans simultaneously
- It is preferred that the incumbent hold an independent license
If interested, please send your resume and copy of your license, if applicable, to Lisa Penny firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 3/17/2022.
Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation